The Single Mother's Alliance BC is a membership based organization, and your involvement is important to the strength of the organization. Our survival depends on the strength of our membership.
- You can join the SMA community of single mothers for just $5.00 per year.
- Full membership subsidy available.
- If you need subsidy, please just sign up on this website without making a payment.
- Regular Membership is $60.00 per year.
- Low-income membership is $25.00 with sliding scale to minimum $5.00.
- There is no 'cap' on membership--if you wish to contribute more than $60.00 it hugely impacts SMA.
- We have no core funding at present, and rely solely on donations and membership dues to fund SMA.
How Do I Become a Member?
Signing up is a two step process:
- STEP ONE: Click on Membership - Join Now! and fill out the form.
- STEP TWO: Click on Membership - Fee Payment and make your payment.
What Does SMA Membership Include?
When you become a SMA member you will:
- Immediately belong to BC's non-profit grassroots network of single mothers.
- Connect with a diversity of single mothers committed to social change.
- Strengthen and grow your community and support network.
- Gain access to SMA events, listening sessions, meetings, actions, parties and community events!
- Bring your valuable skills and expertise to existing campaigns.
- Contribute your skills and ideas to expanding the SMA on an organizational level.
- Propose campaigns; bring all your innovative ideas to the organizing table.
- Join advocacy working groups, committees, and volunteer.
- Opportunities to gain leadership skills useful in all areas of your life.
- Work closely with single mothers and others to end women's and children's poverty in BC.
- Engage politically with other women and work towards new solutions and systemic change.
- Gain voting privileges in the organization.
- Attend our AGM as a voting SMA member.
- Run for the board of directors.
- Membership in SMA automatically renews year to year.
- We must maintain a $5.00 membership and donation minimum to cover our processing costs.
- We are a non-profit, not a charity.
- Membership fees or donations you make are not tax deductible.
- We cannot issue charitable tax receipts.
- Your membership fees are crucial to supporting the work and existence of the SMA.
- For a detailed breakdown of precisely how the SMA allocates membership support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To sign-up to become a full SMA member, please choose an online payment page from the drop-downs below this page on the main menu.
- Thank you! We are excited to connect with you.
- For more membership info, please email email@example.com