The Single Mother's Alliance for Gender & Economic Equality is a community-building organization with an organizing approach to all we do. Our strength is our network! Thank you for signing up to follow SMA. We look forward to getting to know you.
- Joining our network and following SMA is free if this suits you best.
- We do suggest a supportive donation of $60.00 for those who wish to make a financial contribution when you sign up to follow SMA.
How do I sign up?
Signing up is a two step process:
- Click on Follow SMA - Join Now! and fill out the form.
- Click on Follow SMA - Fee Payment and make your payment.
What does following SMA include?
When you sign up to follow SMA and join our network of mothers you will:
- Immediately belong to BC's community-based and pan-provincial alliance of lone-mothers.
- Have opportunities to connect with a diversity of lone-mothers committed to social change.
- Gain access to SMA events, listening sessions, meetings, actions, and community events!
- Hear about opportunities for work experience the organization may offer from time to time.
- View jobs available at SMA, and in similar organizations.
- Bring your valuable skills, expertise and ideas to our work and campaigns.
- Find opportunities to gain leadership skills useful in all areas of your life.
- Work with other lone-mothers and others to end women's and children's poverty in BC.
- Engage politically with other women and work towards systemic change to end lone-mother poverty in BC.
- Following SMA automatically renews year to year until you opt out of email communications from us.
- We are a registered non-profit, not a charity.
- Financial support for the organization is not tax deductible because we are not a charity.
- We cannot issue charitable tax receipts at this time.
- Thank you! We are excited to connect with you, and welcome.