The Single Mother's Alliance for Gender & Economic Equality is a membership-based organization with an organizing approach to all we do. Our strength is our membership! Thank you for joining. We look forward to getting to know you.
- Membership is free if this suits you best.
- Regular Membership is $60.00 per year with a sliding scale down to $0.
- There is no cap on membership--if you wish to contribute more than $60.00 your support hugely impacts SMA.
- For more information on how your membership contribution is allocated, please email [email protected]
How do I become a member?
Signing up is a two step process:
- Click on Membership - Join Now! and fill out the form.
- Click on Membership - Fee Payment and make your payment.
What does membership include?
When you become a SMA member you will:
- Immediately belong to BC's community-based and pan-provincial alliance of single mothers.
- Have opportunities to connect with a diversity of single mothers committed to social change.
- Gain access to SMA events, listening sessions, meetings, actions, and community events!
- Bring your valuable skills, expertise and ideas to our work and campaigns.
- Find opportunities to gain leadership skills useful in all areas of your life.
- Work with other single mothers and others to end women's and children's poverty in BC.
- Engage politically with other women, and work towards solutions and systemic change.
- Gain voting privileges in the organization.
- Membership in SMA automatically renews year to year.
- We are a registered non-profit, not a charity.
- Membership fees or donations to the organization are not tax deductible because we are not a charity.
- We cannot issue charitable tax receipts at this time.
- Your membership fees are crucial to supporting the work and existence of the SMA for Gender & Economic Equality. Thank you.
- Thank you! We are excited to connect with you, and welcome.