Send our Parent & Caregiver Open Letter for a Universal School Food for BC!
Find the open letter here. And thanks for asking all the parents and caregivers you know to sign too!
Become a Regional Parent/Caregiver Organizer for All Learners Need Lunch
If you wish to get involved in the parent and caregiver led campaign for universal school food, please fill in this online sign-up form to let us know your ideas for mobilizing parents in your area of BC and how you might like to be involved.
You can find the form by clicking here.
Justice At Work Focus Group Registration Now Open!
We are extending an invitation to eligible lone-mothers and gender-diverse lone-caregivers in the public at large to join our focus groups to gather data for the Justice at Work project and joint research with UBC. To see if you are eligible please view this official invitation letter and the criteria below.
Upcoming Focus Groups:
- BY ZOOM: Tuesday, October 18th, 2022: 10:00-11:30am by ZOOM
- IN-PERSON: Thursday, November 17th, 2022: Evening session with catered dinner time to TBA
To sign up for a focus group please fill in our registration form here.
To participate in a focus group you must meet the following criteria:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Identify as a lone-mother or woman who is the sole caregiver/guardian for at least one child under the age of 19 who resides with you at least some of the time
- Consider yourself to have a low and/or unreliable income
- Have experienced work-related impacts (changes in/at work, loss of hours, loss of jobs/work) due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reside in BC and have lived in BC for at least six months immediately prior to today
- Are able to communicate in English
Making Mothers Matter Child Care Research Project Actions
We are seeking lone-mothers and female lone-caregivers for interviews about how BC's new child policy is impacting your health and well-being! If you have one or more children accessing a $10 a Day ChildCareBC Centre anywhere in BC, please contact [email protected] to book your interview anytime. $75 honoraria offered for a maximum 1-hour interview. Interviews are conducted by SMA Peer Researchers. We are seeking to interview 8-10 more mothers within the next 6 weeks. Thank you for coming forward and spreading the word!