SMA conducted a provincial listening campaign and a pandemic impact survey through March, April and May of 2021 to determine our strategic focus.
The following six key areas inform our range of focus to impact ending poverty for female and gender-diverse lone-caregivers:
- Halting gender-based family violence and addressing its lifelong impact.
- Ensuring access to justice within family law.
- Increasing access to education and training and building a strong social safety net.
- Supporting maternal mental health and tackling social isolation caused by poverty.
- Building publicly funded, publicly provided housing, health care, child care, education and transportation systems.
- Ensuring no baby left behind: access to all benefits for all babies, children and youth.